Westerham Place Care Home in Westrerham, Kent are currently recruiting for a care home cook on a part time basis for 12 hours per week from 9.30am -3.30pm Saturday and Sunday.
Located near Sevenoaks in Kent, Westerham Place Care Home combines the grandeur of a Victorian country house with a relaxed, warm and welcoming atmosphere. Each of our 31 spacious bedrooms benefit from fitted wardrobes and en-suite bathrooms, whilst our dedicated team has been providing first-class care to the highest standards since 1994.
The successful candidate will have previous experience as a cook, your main responsibilities will include: food preparation, to cook and serve both hot and cold food and to meet any dietary requirements of residents.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
• General knowledge of kitchen regulations
• Food safety certificate
• Communication skills
• Team player
• Satisfactory Police/POVA check
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Willingness to train on current Food safety awareness/EHO issues
• To maintain high standard of meals keeping within the budget
• Report and action any known to defects to appliances, damaged equipment and any other potential hazards. Inform Home Manager of actions taken.
• Create varied seasonal menus and keeping standards high
• Create varied menus for specialised dietary needs.
• Keep records of food/delivery temperatures and adhere to company policies on daily/weekly & monthly checks.
• Ensure all equipment is clean, well maintained & replace is necessary or applicable.
• Order/receive and check of all deliveries
Here are some of the can benefits we can offer:
• 24 hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
• Online discounted vouchers for several companies
• Opportunity for progression within the company
• Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
• On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams
• Refer a friend scheme
Apply online today