Wren House Care Home in Warminster are currently seeking a Maintenance Person to join our team on a full time basis, 40 hours paying £10 per hour.
Beautifully located between the historic cities of Bath and Salisbury, Wren House Care Home combines gracious Georgian surroundings with the highest standards of personal care and a reputation for being exceptionally warm and welcoming at all times.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications required:
· General maintenance knowledge
· Communication skills
· Team player
· Clean driving licence/use of car
· Satisfactory Police/POVA check
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Willingness to train on current Health & Safety/Fire/EHO issues
· Preferred knowledge of heating systems, laundry & legal regulations
· Report and action any known to defects to appliances, damaged furniture/equipment and any other potential hazards. Inform Home Manager of actions taken.
· Clear signs, snow & grit the paths/steps.
· Cut grass & keep sheds, out buildings tidy.
· Keep records of fire test, call point checks, temperatures and adhere to company policies on daily/weekly & monthly checks.
· Driving duties as required.
· Ensure all equipment is clean, well maintained & replace is necessary or applicable.
· ‘On call’ for emergencies.
Here are some of the can benefits we can offer:
· Enhanced pay for Bank Holidays
· 24 hour Telephone Employee Assistance Programme helpline
Online discounted vouchers for several companies
· Opportunity for progression within the company
· Continuous support to maintain the training you need to deliver excellence
· On-going support from a motivated and committed Head Office and Regional Teams · Refer a friend scheme
Apply online today or contact the home on 01985 801 943 for further information.
The safety and wellbeing of our residents and staff are our priority. Currently, we have had a fantastic take up of vaccinations for staff and residents and the number continues to rise. We have recently implemented a new recruitment policy to ensure all new joiners are vaccinated before they start work. This will assist us in fulfilling our responsibility to minimise risk to the lowest practicable level.