Philosophy of care
Wren Retirement Living offers you the opportunity to enhance your quality of life by providing a safe and comfortable environment.
We provide support and stimulation to help maximise potential, whilst recognising your particular physical, emotional and social capacity.
- You are encouraged to be involved in decisions affecting your life
- The assumption, underlying all care decisions, is that you are capable of making choices about your own lifestyle (e.g. deciding what to do and when to do it)
- Staff will respect and enable you to live your life with dignity
- You are offered opportunities to review your own situation regularly, with relatives, friends, or an advisor, Key Worker or the Manager
- You are entitled to private accommodation in a single room which you can call your own, use as and when you wish and invite guests to
- You have a choice about the nature of your room, such as your own furnishings, and have a secure place for personal belongings
- We will adhere to the principle that your needs are paramount
- We will ensure that your individual needs, and wishes, are ascertained and respected
- You will be treated with respect and dignity at all times
- We will ensure that, wherever possible, you continue to have access to all community services, including health, social services, leisure and education, and we will facilitate such access wherever possible